POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Licensing : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing
From: Chris B
Date: 6 Dec 2006 10:36:00
Message: <4576e360$1@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> "Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
>> The License
>> ------------
>
>> The main candidate for a common license to cover the submitted Scene
>> Description Language files and things like height field files and input
>> data
>> files, seems to be the LGPL (Lesser General Purpose License).
>
> Reading through the discussion i was under the impression a majority of
> people were inclined to go with CC licenses.

Maybe I phrased this a little innaccurately. It seemed to me that the
majority considered that requiring credit to be given (Attribution) was not
practical or necessary for the collection. This seems to rule out the CC
licenses, the least restrictive of which still requires attribution
(although there is some text that introduces the concept of 'reasonableness'
appropriate to the medium).

Regards,
Chris B.